PCSGA Standing Committees
PCSGA members volunteer their time and energy to help shape regulatory policy and develop marketing opportunities for shellfish growers. These committees, and the people who serve, are helping to maintain the viability of Pacific Coast shellfish farming.
Government Relations Committee:
Emerging and ongoing regulatory, public policy issues, and legislation.
- Congressional/National Issues
- Environmental and Water Quality Issues
- Permits and Regulations
- State’s Issues
Marketing opportunities for members; promotional events for shellfish growers, fundraising events for PCSGA.
- Promotional and fundraising efforts, such as the Annual Conference, SLURP, Tasting Room, Anthony’s Oyster Games, Shellfish-Wine Tasting events; Seafood Summit, miscellaneous food shows, etc
Shellfish Standards and Certification Committee:
- Certified Sustainable Advisory Subcommittee (Environmental Certification)
- ECOP Stamp
Interstate Shellfish Sanitation Conference (ISSC)
- Public Health and Food Safety Issues
- Vibrio Management